Vithall, Lurö archipelago

"Island of Happiness" was inhabited until 1959. The small cottage on the island is now a museum.
The siblings Gustav and Matilda Svensson grew up and lived all their lives in the little fishing cabin on Vithall and they were fishing hut's last owners. It was their mother "Lovely Anna" who gave the island the nickname "Island of Happiness" at one time. The brother took care of agriculture and fishing, while her sister took care of the animals. A few cows, some sheep, a pig and some chickens were what they had on the island. The siblings moved from Vithall in 1959 and died a year later.

The cottage is now a museum, open to all. It shows how the siblings lived on this island in the archipelago.
Opening hours
INFO
Place
Year around, ice-free time. You can reach the island only by private boat or charter
Organizer
Name
Vänern
Address
Ekenäs
661 91 Säffle
Municipality: Säffle
Description
Vänern är ett innanhav och har Europas största sötvattenskärgård. Ekenäs har gästhamn.
Directions
Only by boat. Can be arranged with Bengt or Sven Örnvald. Phone: 0533-231 30, 231 65
Go back
Säffle
Visit webpage
Boat-charter
History
Museum
Nature
Natural attractions
Archipelago
Lake Vänern